A Wedding Singer’s Diary: Your Wedding Checklist
As a Wedding Singer & Party Singer all over Kent, Essex, London and the United Kingdom, I all too frequently see the Happy Couple quickly turn into the overwhelmed couple and even the very stressed couple. Today I am giving you ‘A Wedding Singer’s Diary: Your Wedding Checklist’!
Planning a Wedding can be a huge Event to organise, especially if you have never done any Event Planning before! You are suddenly required to be an expert at knowing exactly what you need, when you need it by, how much it should cost and where to get it from!!! This is before you get both sides of your family and friends deciding that actually, they know best, when it comes to planning your Wedding! So here is your Wedding Checklist, giving you a schedule that you can easily work to, that will make your Wedding arrangements run smoothly.
- Tell the world you have got engaged and enjoy every moment of it!
- Decide on your Wedding Budget (as it will largely dictate your options)
- Talk to your fiancé about the type of Wedding that you would both ideally like to have.
- Look at any personal goals you want to achieve by your Wedding Day (fitness plans etc)
- Book your Date and Venue
- Decide and ask Bridesmaids, Ushers and Best Man etc
- Book the registrar & arrange the licence (including time of ceremony)
- Compile your ideal Guest List
- Book your Photographer
- Start searching for your Wedding Dress
- Order your Wedding Dress
- Book your Florist, Caterer and order your cake
- Buy or order your Wedding Stationery
- Book your Live Wedding Entertainment
- Choose and hire/buy Bridesmaid, Usher, Best Man suits and dresses etc
- Arrange accommodation for your guests
- Arrange and book your transport
- Start your Dress Fittings!
- Find and book your Hair and Make-up artists
- Look at any readings you may want at your ceremony
- Book your Honeymoon
- Buy your Wedding Rings
- Send out your Wedding Invitations
- Choose and buy your Wedding Favours & table decorations
- Have your Hair and make up trial
- Create your Seating plan
- Make your Wedding Gift List
- Finalise Menus
- Finalise seating plan
- Write your Wedding Vows
- Make sure your Wedding Venue has all of your Supplier Contracts
- Hen nights and Stag do’s!!! 🙂
- Final Dress Fitting
- Go through all of your Usher duties with them
- Pack for your Honeymoon and order currency
- Have a meeting with your Suppliers like your Photographer to go over specific requests
- Buy Thank you gifts
1 week before
- Spray Tan!
- Confirm times etc with all suppliers
- Dress rehearsal in the Venue
- Check and confirm cake delivery
- Relax and get a good night’s sleep
If you have enjoyed reading this, then why not check out some of my other Wedding related blogs here!